Saturday, November 8, 2008

O-BA-MA!

On the morning after the election, I woke Janai up and told her that I needed to show her something. I turned on the tv, where they were showing snippets of Barack's election night speech. Looking tired and confused, she wiped her eyes, and said "What Mommy?". I said "Janai, Barack Obama is the new President of the United States". She said "But mommy, I know that already, I voted for him on yesterday". How hilarious. The mock election in her class was a little skewed - Barack took it by a landslide with 95% of the vote. When I dropped her off at school, there were kids of all backgrounds chanting (unprovoked) "O-BA-MA! O-BA-MA!" Click below to take a look.


1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Alveda,

love the blogs, especially the Jay-Walking one.. hilarious or should I say prediculously funny :)