Thursday, October 9, 2008

Big Guy

I took Jay in today for his 9-month well baby visit. Nope... you're not slow, I am! He's 10.5 months now. His original appointment was scheduled right before Labor Day when we were out of town. This was the first time I could get. So, as Janai would say, he got too punches - a flu shot, and blood drawn for lead testing.

But here's the news.

Weight: 22 pounds, 4 ounces
Height: 30 inches

90th percentile all around! You didn't know I could make 'em so big, huh? Well, Jay is a big guy indeed. And as mama and 'em used to say, he is eating me out of house and home. He wants nothing to do with baby food. Last week, when I got his report from daycare, it said that he had eaten "lasagna, tossed salad, and garlic bread" for lunch. What in the world! This past weekend, he was putting down meatloaf and mashed potatoes like it was nothing. Can someone slow this kid down? And... yeah... let's talk about the milk. The doctor almost fell out of chair this morning when I told her that he drinks 35 oz of milk per day. Ladies and gentlemen... to all who are unaware... that means $5.81 in milk per day! Now that is just PREDICULOUS.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like Lil' Jay is the up and coming hard hitter! I might have to come to Houston and make that baby some rolls;)

Unknown said...

I never had any doubt, Alveda, that you could bring out the biggest and best of them! And I think Jay is going to continue to eat you out of house and home! The reason I think that is because I was exactly the same way! My mom mentioned that the doctors were amazed at how much food I put away as a kid (and as a teenager). The good thing, of course, is he will grow up to be one healthy and happy guy!

Dave