Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Hometown Classics

During our trip to Chicago I got some much needed rest and relaxation. I left the lap top behind in Houston and for the first time in a while, I focused on doing much of nothing!

James, on the other hand, was quite busy. He had a mission of eating all of the hometown classics that he can't get in Houston (Harold's Chicken, Kenny's Ribs, I-57). As the visit came to an end, I was outdone by all of the ribs and chicken, and opted for a catfish dinner from I-57 on the last night. Simple right? Oh no.... Can I just ask my Chicago friends - is it really necessary to put bbq sauce on EVERYTHING? I mean, really...who puts bbq sauce on catfish? Fries? Bread? Apparently I-57 does!

James also spent 3 days at the Chicago Bears Training Camp. He was able to reconnect with coaches and players from his U of I days including Ron Turner, Harry Heistand, Luke Butkus, Brandon Lloyd, and even met and talked to Lovie Smith. I tried to convince him to break out the camera from the sidelines and take a picture for the blog. Of course that didn't happen, and instead all I got was a picture of his Visiting Coach name tag and this silly training camp refridgerator magnet!



Although Jay wasn't lucky enough to accompany dad on the sidelines, he cheered the Bears on from behind.



Best of luck to Lovie, RT and the Bears. We will see you when you face the Texans on 12/28!

No comments: