Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Dream Deferred


So, here we go! We have entered the blogosphere! Four and half years ago when Janai was first born, I had plans of starting a blog for our friends and family to follow the latest happenings in our life in this strange land far, far away called Texas. Now that you guys have missed all of Janai's milestones, and there is a new kid on the block (James M. (don't ask) Williams, III), the dream once deferred is now finding life!

I am inspired by Christy Gupta, the wife of my graduate advisor, and the queen of blogging. My posts won't be nearly as entertaining as hers. But I will do my best to keep you up to date. Please post comments and tell me what you think. And more importantly, please hold me accountable to keep this thing going.

It's been a while since we've talked to some of you. Unfortunately, we have a 6:30am flight to Chicago tomorrow morning, so here's my best attempt at getting you up to date quickly:

James, Jr.: Once again, the brother has a new job - the third one in 5 years. I'm not complaining. James joined the staff at Hightower High School this summer where he is the Defensive Coordinator. As we approach the football season (y'all, please pray for me!), you will hear more about how the team is doing. He is also serving with the Sanctuary Security ministry (often referred to as Joel Osteen's Secret Service) at Lakewood Church.

Alveda: I am still working at The Dow Chemical Company in Freeport, TX, now the largest specialty chemicals company in the world (whatever that means to you). I am also a Region Leader in the Ushers Ministry at Lakewood Church, the largest church in the country. We do everything big in Texas!

Janai: Now 4.5 years old, daddy's little girl and indeed the "mouth of the south". I'm sure she'll be the subject of many blog postings to come. Janai will starting Kindergarten at Silverline Montessori School this fall.

James III (hereafter referred to as "Jay"): 8 months old in a few days. A true mama's boy. One tooth... crawling... and pulling up on everything in sight. We'll talk about his hair later!

I have attached a not-so-recent picture of the kids.
Thats all for now folks! Til we meet again...

9 comments:

Christy said...

Yeah Alveda!

I love that you call Janai the "mouth of the south." That's fabulous!

Can't wait to read more!

Aundrea said...

I am sure Janai is the "mouth of the south" just like my 4.5 year old. A blog is a good idea, maybe I will do one, but I doubt it, you are so innovative!! But of course you are, since you are an AKA and we always do things first

The Crown Lacey Family said...

Way to join the blogosphere (says one who just joined herself). Put up links to more pics (that's my favorite part!)

janeene said...

love this! go, mommy! go, mommy!will simply adore keeping tabs on the williams fam like this. soooo impressed. love you much!

M.Owens said...

A better way to keep me posted on the kids, Janai's my medication when I need laughter. So hook me up.

Beverly Hills said...

Hey Veda!

This is a great idea to keep family and friends informed. Somebody has a lot of time on their hands:) J/J...Thanks for keeping me up-to-date with the family. I look forward to reading more blogs and seeing more pics. Congrats to James on his new position.

Love ya!

Unknown said...

Great idea! how do you find time to do everything that you do.

Take care.
Vinay

The Millers said...

This is wonderful Alveda! You are my inspiration, keep it up girl... I think this is a great way to keep people up to speed of the "ongoings" in the Williams's life. Looking forward to reading more. Enjoy Chicago!

r&mfinnell said...

Wonderful way to keep us posted Veda...you're one creative momma! Glad you all made it in safe. We will talk about the hair later. Can't wait to talk with the "mouth of the south", love you all keep in touch!