Monday, September 15, 2008

Ike Update

Hurricane Ike has passed and has left most of the greater Houston area without power. Thankfully, we have minimal damage to our home - a few shingles fell, a gutter came down, and a portion of the privacy fence was blown down. Ike had horrible timing as I was scheduled to fly on the Dow jet to Midland, MI this morning for the 2008 BEST Symposium. Instead, Sherrika and I drove to Dallas (in the dark), flew to Detroit, and then to Midland... made it just in time for the Welcome Reception tonight. James and the kids are staying with The Richards Family - they have power (Let the church say AMEN!). Will post more later. Just wanted to let you guys know that all is well. Thank you for your prayers and well wishes.

1 comment:

Aundrea said...

I am glad everything is fine and you all had minimal damage. My cell phone tore up and I lost all of my phone numbers. Take care.